In October of 2014, Strategy Analytics forecasted(1) that there would be an estimated 12 billion internet connected devices used worldwide by the end of 2014, an average of 1.7 devices per every person on the planet. They also forecast that number hitting 33 billion devices by 2020, which more than doubles the number of connections per person to 4.3.
Another survey by Gartner in late 2014(2) says that 40% of U.S. employees of large enterprises use personally owned devices for work. This is an important number for you and your clients to grasp, because the Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) trend will continue, and the users will win this battle of devices. Research suggests that as we move ahead, IT will no longer provide devices to the users that they support.
Numbers from Kaspersky Lab this year show that 23% of businesses that experienced mobile device theft, 19% said the theft resulted in the loss of business data. That is a one in five chance.
The research goes on to say that a security breach costs $50k on average. For a modest sized company of 100 staff, that can be a critical, game changing loss.
IT departments MUST figure out a way to manage devices and applications while giving their users a productive workspace to use and keeping costs under control.
How Dizzion Cloud Delivered Desktops Lead to Cost Containment
- Dizzion Cloud Delivered Desktops are completely scalable. They are easy to try and easy to buy. Your client can start small and grow to meet demand by adding desktops when needed rather than trying to size a platform at the outset for their future needs. An acquisition can mean suddenly having to double the size of your connected workforce quickly. We can make that a fairly easy task.
- Dizzion offers an “all OPEX, no CAPEX” service. With no requirement to purchase new infrastructure, your client’s investment in DaaS is essentially risk free. We’ve covered that capital investment for them.
- Clients require no additional operational skills. Because your client can consume Desktops-as-a-Service on a monthly subscription, there’s no need for them to hire additional staff to build and manage a new environment. And your clients IT team can refocus on other projects rather than spend time on a capital-intensive insourced VDI project.
- BYOD is an advantage, not a burden. Dizzion desktops can run on nearly any device (laptops, desktop PCs, Macs, tablets, zero clients, thin clients, smart phones), so if your client is dedicated to BYOD or Work@Home programs, the service will fit right in to their ongoing operations.
- Data is never lost with the endpoint device. Remember the one-in-five chance of losing intellectual property with a device theft? That’s not an issue with Dizzion Cloud Delivered Desktops because the clients data is always stored securely on the server, never on the user’s device. It’s that simple. And the same goes for devices that are incapacitated by being dropped, soaked, cracked or left behind in a coffee house.
Want to learn more about the Dizzion Cloud Delivered Service, who buys it and why? Contact me to request your copy of the Dizzion Channel Partner Sales Playbook.