Following reliability and usability, another key concern that we address with customers are the long-term value and upfront costs of virtual desktops. Common questions include:
- What are the cost differences of your virtual desktop solution vs. our building our own internal solution?
- What are the monthly operational and support costs?
- How long will it take me to complete a virtual desktop installation?
- How do costs change as I scale the number of users?
Our standard response is to set up and walk through an ROI calculation spreadsheet tool. It’s a deep dive, and we adjust it to represent as close as possible the use case and criteria of the individual customer. That option is always available to customers.
But not everyone wants or is ready for an information gathering project and an hour-long needs assessment. They just want to understand the cost of virtual desktops. That’s why we’ve just published our first online Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) calculator.
The interactive calculator is a high-level examination that compares our Desktops-as-a-Service solution to one of three models: Build VDI Yourself (New Hardware), Build VDI Yourself (Existing Hardware) and Traditional Desktops (A Non-VDI deployment).
We created the underlying assumptions and calculations – in particular, those for insourced VDI projects – with the assistance of an objective, global third-party business technology consulting firm. The TCO calculator helps answer these pressing questions:
- How long will this project take to launch?
- What are the upfront server and storage hardware costs?
- What are the staffing costs to deploy this technology / service?
- What are my ongoing monthly service and software costs for this technology / service?
Want to keep your results for later review? No problem. You can choose to send yourself an email with the calculator results or can create a printable PDF from the calculator results page. So what are you waiting for?
Calculate the costs of virtual desktops >>